Friday, February 12, 2010

Bits and pieces

I've really been digging the demo of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on the PS3. After years of playing first person shooters on PC, I honestly thought that I'd never really get the hang of playing them using dual analogue on a console, but I'm actually pretty good! I'm consistently in the top three or four people on my team in the demo, although my kill to death ration isn't that flash.

Overall, the demo just "feels" good. The controls are intuitive, the visual and aural feedback is great, and it's so satisfying when you're part of a decent team and you can pull out a win. Although, even on the occasions that my team has lost I've still had a lot of fun. The medals and rewards are fun also, and it's tantalising seeing all of the unlocks that will be available in the full game.

I'm definitely planning on getting the full version of this game, but that just means I've added it to a long list of games that I want to buy. They are as follows:

- Brutal Legend
- Heavy Rain
- Mass Effect 2
- Bioshock 2
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Bayonetta
- Stalker: Call Of Pripyat
- Metro 2033

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them now. The problem is that I just don't have the money! My fiance and I are in the middle of applying for mortgage so that we can start looking for a house. We're hoping to find somewhere within the next few months, so that we can be settled in before we get married in January next year. Most of our spare cash has been going into the house deposit, and I really don't think I'd be very popular if I spent cash on new games.

Oh well, it's times like these that give me a good excuse to finish games that I'm already playing. I've been getting back into Grand Theft Auto IV, and I think I'm only about a dozen missions away from finishing the main storyline. As long as I make it, this would be the only GTA game that I have successfully completed! I've always tended to just get tied up in the side missions in the previous games and end up losing interest after a while.

I'm also still working on Resistance: Fall Of Man, and I've got Resistance 2 waiting in the wings also because I bought both of them as a bundle online for cheap.

So, I can't really complain. It's not like I don't have any games to play. I just don't have any new games to play.

No comments: